1. What is the criteria for being selected to
- Must be resident of Arizona and have a strong interest in serving the public
needs of rural Arizona.
- Must be 25 years of age by June 1st of the
application year or older.
- Must demonstrate current or past leadership accomplishments and a desire to
continually improve leadership skills.
- Have a commitment to be an engaged leader in agriculture or in rural Arizona in
- Have commitment and ability to travel, attend, and actively participate in all
- Have employer's pre-approval for full participation in the program.
- Must provide references of good character and reputation.
- Have ability to understand and analyze public policy and actively engage in
dialog and deliberations on these issues.
- Have diverse professional background and representation of rural Arizona.
2. How does the selection process work?
- Candidates must submit a completed application packet to the CENTRL office by
March 15 for class beginning in June.
- In-person Interviews will be scheduled in early April for candidates in Phoenix.
- At the discretion of the Selection Committee, up to 16 candidates will be
invited to participate in the new class.
will be made to select at least one candidate from each county in
candidates will be notified by email of the final selection in May.
3. What are the expectations once selected into Project
- Attendance at all seminars is mandatory.
- Invited candidates are required to sign a Personal Commitment Form to be seated
in the current class.
- Provide personal transportation to and from seminars and point of departure for
international and national seminars.
- Actively participate during sessions and contribute towards accomplishing
- Complete required reading assignments and review of related literature as
- Arrive at each seminar with an open and inquiring mind, a willingness to learn,
and respect of the opinions of others.
- Serve as class chair for selected sessions and perform other leadership
exercises and assignments as needed.
- Complete an online evaluation form within one week after each seminar.